STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, May 18, 2009

It's some words

Ever pat yourself on the back because you're absolutely brilliant only to realize no, you're absolutely a moron?

I thought I had solved a big bad work problem on Friday. In fact, I was 100% certain I had determined the cause of the issue. I put things in place that would prove my excellence and went home to enjoy my weekend, confident in a job well done.

Except, of course, that when I arrived at my desk this morning it turns out that wasn't the problem at all! So I'm back at the beginning, starting from scratch, feeling less competent and more confused than ever.

Plus, it's Monday.

And this is why I'm puking up a post this morning instead of sharing the phenomenal story I had planned. You have no idea what you're missing out on. No idea.

Back to the drawing board.

12 comments:

Annelie said...

Oh yes, all the time. ALL the time. Which is why I am a diligent slave to The Jinx, which I do realize it absolutely ridiculous, but I seriously can't help myself. Nothing else makes any sense.
Maybe if I name my first born after The Jinx, it will leave me alone to "count my chickens before all my eggs are hatched" in peace from now on. I could use a smack-down break.

The Wife O Riley said...

If I had a nickel for everytime I did that, I'd be really rich and none of us would have to work again!

mo.stoneskin said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, my life is a flawless rolling ball of seamless brilliance. Seamless.

TMC said...

Oh! I feel so betrayed! Phbbbt!

blognut said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Stuff happens!

Staci A said...

I do it all the time too. Good luck!

Grand Pooba said...

I love your puke anyway.

Anonymous said...

Oy. Hope your week gets better.

ChicagoLady said...

But at least you now know what isn't the problem. That's one step closer to solving it.

Toriz said...

Better luck next time, I guess.

Megan said...

Oh man! I hate brain farts like that. Especially when you don't know it's a brain fart till later. ugh! I hope you eventually got it resolved so you could have that confident feeling back!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Yes! I am constantly being reminded that I'm not as brilliant as I thought. The word "idiot" comes to mind. Often.