STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Zombie

Main Entry: zom·bie
Pronunciation:\ˈzäm-bē\
Function: noun

1. a person who appears to be lifeless, apathetic, or totally lacking in independent judgment
2. a corpse brought to life by witchcraft

3. Or me, recently, on my meds. That first definition is, pardon the pun, dead on.

I feel very muddled, like I'm moving through quicksand and the wheels in my brain are stuck in mud. I've been told I have a dirty mind before but this is ridiculous! By 2pm most days, I'm literally falling asleep at my desk.

So what I'm wondering is if taking my meds at night instead will help me sleep (note: I'm not actually having problems sleeping) or if they'll just keep me from any chance of waking up on time. My boss would define that as an inconvenience bad thing fireable offense. Of course, I don't know if this would be better or worse in his eyes than the whole napping-at-my-desk-with-my-head-propped-up-on-a-water-bottle thing.

On a positive note, my anxiety issues haven't been as bad lately. Mostly because I'm too tired to care. Is that how they're supposed to work? I thought the doctor explained something about seratonin reuptake but what she must've meant was "you'll be in a catatonic state that will render you incapable of giving a damn if you're speaking in front of a crowd or if someone has set your house on fire".

Zombies don't care about that kind of stuff. Because they're dead. It must be really good to be a zombie. Minus the smell.

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey.
What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?


PS: How do you spell "fireable"? Because spellcheck hates everything and nobody responded to my tweet. Which makes me afraid it's another word I've made up. Like unprobable. Or snoosh.

No comments: