STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

What's the point?

Like everything else in life, it appears I have my horse before the cart, posting entries before I've even formally introduced myself or the purpose of the blog. And yet, this is a pretty apt representation of who I am.

Everything I do, it needs to have some purpose. I'm not just randomly blogging about any old thing. Well, it actually is about any old thing. I have another blog that's a basic boring diary of my life. Very factual and very vanilla. The purpose of this blog is to allow me the freedom I can't have in the other one to post things that wouldn't be appreciated by my very conservative family and coworkers. Also, some things are none of their business (like religion and anxiety issues and politics). This blog is about having some anonymity. Not that anonymity = license to be a jerk. Just an outlet to be a little more honest and creative.

At the same time, I often find myself jumping into projects head-first before I've really thought them out and organized them thoroughly. This isn't necessarily as contradictory as it sounds. I usually know WHY I'm doing something, I just haven't thought through the HOW. Which is why it will be somewhat about "any old thing".

So, I guess a bit bizarrely, my more anonymous blog is actually the place where I feel I can be the most open and true to who I am. Hence the name I chose, Show My Face.

By way of a less abstract introduction, you can call me Cate. I have a husband, two cats, no babies, and a boring job. As I mentioned in my survey post awhile back, I'm a former Yankee girl now living in the South. I hate ignorance and do my best to ignore hate. My free time is spent mostly reading, writing, running, or meditating (more accurately, breathing - I'm a big fan of breathing).

There, the niceties are out of the way. More babble, incoming!

No comments: