STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Six Word Saturday


some things can never be unsaid



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



26 comments:

TMC said...

Well hell's bells! I'm sorry you had to hear something that can't be unsaid (or likely should never have been said in the first place). Stuff like that is hard to not take personally, even if we know it might not have been meant in a spiteful way. It probably doesn't help to think that it was spiteful, better to generate some compassion for the hurting person who lashed out, because of their hurt, at us.

restlessjo said...

Don't remind me, Cate. A time or three I could've bitten my tongue off.

Anonymous said...

They can never be unsaid but they can be regretted, apologised for and, hopefully forgiven.

Anonymous said...

Your post goes well with mine.

Dana said...

So true! I've found myself on both ends of this one. :(

retired not tired said...

Absolutely! Sometimes our mouths are faster than our minds! What happened to "Think before you speak"?

Teri said...

Fantastic words...if we could only remember to use them.

tonyamaries said...

Sometimes I think the words hurt more than the sticks and stones...

Josie Two Shoes said...

And sadly, those are the thins we always remember. It is also true that some things that should have been said, never are, like I Love You or You Are Amazing! :-)

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Amen! to your six words! So many things said and heard can be forgiven; sadly, not forgotten.

Xiomara said...

I agree with The Laughing Housewife!

Kathe W. said...

I try to have my brain in gear when opening my mouth-otherwise I might be chewing on my foot.....

Mlissabeth said...

That is why I like writing better...you can erase!

Jess said...

Words can be so hurtful :-( I don't think we ever forget truly hurtful words but hopefully as time passes they lose their sting,unless of course they are the bad,bad,bad kinda words.Hope you are ok Cate x

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of wearing my feelings on my sleeve, and when people say things (even if it isn't about me in particular) I find myself being upset. Hopefully, being 65 will find me a mature senior citizen!
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight oh Lord"
Dianne
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

How true!

Marsha said...

It's been awhile since I participated in Six Word Saturday -- but I'm glad to be back!

JosephAlsarraf said...

And come things can never be re-said!
: )

Linda said...

So very true Cate! We all need to think before we speak. "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Happy Saturday!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Paula Wanken - When Words Escape said...

So true...I did a little of that myself, today. :(

Austine Etcheverry said...

Sorry to hear, hope your weekend get's better. Sometimes the hard stuff, just makes us stronger.

Anonymous said...

Gem of truth!

Cheri said...

Can't be unsaid, and can't be unheard. Like many of us, I've been both the speaker and the listener at those difficult times; sometimes we just have to apologize, forgive, and go on.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes,it bears remembering.

Brooke said...

Six very true words! Just linked up my first 6WS post. Thanks for hosting this weekly meme.

soulbrush said...

I forgot to add my link yesterday. Here I am wishing you all a great weekend- what's left of it. xx