STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Six Word Saturday


"family" sucks at communicating this year



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



24 comments:

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

That probably is the way our family is. I have needed to call my son about our family plan free numbers on the cell phones ever since we came back from holiday this last Monday.

It is his account but both Mrs. Jim and I have phones on it. We have seven or ten free call numbers and we would like have Mrs. Jim's sister be one.
..
Oh yes, I haven't called any of the other kids either although both of us have texted our daughter in London. The rest may think we are still gone if they don't read my blog.
..

restlessjo said...

Some do, some don't!

soulbrush said...

Seems that the blogs are slow too at this time of year- everyone struggling with the snow and facing what lies ahead in 2013!!

Jess said...

Hope the communication issues sort themselves out.This year it's one of my aims to communicate better with friends and family,we shall see if I manage it!Im really going to give it a go x

Hilary said...

I hate when that happens, but it is pretty common, sadly

Linda said...

Ugh! I hate times when communication breaks down within the family!

Thanks for hosting SWS Cate. We love you!!!!!

Linda

betty said...

Geesh; that is hard, Cate. Especially if it is about something crucial.

betty

mryjhnsn said...

That is never a good thing. (hugs)

retired not tired said...

Thank goodness for Skype! Instead of phoning my parents I can call them. No more Long distance charges. Even when my son and his family were in Jamaica we kept in touch.

Langley Cornwell said...

This is the first time I've participated. What a super idea!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I'm trying harder on that this year, we get so busy that we don't stop to communicate with each other even though our thoughts do. Texting is great for a quick check in, and it's even more fun to surprise someone with a real note in the mail or under a pillow! Don't give up, it's important! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Family is such a difficult thing. I hope it improves for you. Peace.

TMC said...

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I only caught a snippet of what it might be about but wow, where are people's priorities?

HeY J said...

COMMUNICATION IS KEY IN EVERYTHING NOT JUST FAMILY BUT IT SEEMS FAMILY MAKES IT ALL THE MORE FRUSTRATING. I HOPE YOURS GETS ITSELF WORKED OUT QUICKLY CATE SO YOU ARE ABLE TO FEEL BETTER.
SENDING YOU WISHES OF PEACE & LOVE

Kathe W. said...

some members of our family are better at that than others....

Michelle said...

Today my sisters and I are super communicators: our Mom is moving and she fell down her stairs. She's ok, but as the oldest and the one who lives closet, I'm now in charge of packing. Thank goodness my sisters are there for me to cry "help!"

Gail said...

My six words are in with a few other items.

Thanks for the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear! I've had those moments too. Hang in there. Hope it improves. Here's my thought for the day: http://allisonsbookbag.wordpress.com/2013/01/19/six-word-saturday-meme-3/

Suzy said...

Hope it gets better for you. I think all families have some who do and some who don't.

Xiomara said...

I hope the family's communication improves soon. It's so hard to feel close to one another when everyone is distant emotionally.

Cheri said...

Gah. Sometimes family makes you want to pull your hair out, don't they? I think sometimes the family problem is that everyone thinks everyone else should "know" what's going on and why, so no one bothers to really try to talk things out. Sad and infuriating all at the same time. Hope things work out for you.

Unknown said...

Just this year? :)

Austine Etcheverry said...

My family is notorious for having this same problem. It is crazy how many problems lack of communication can cause.