STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, January 07, 2013

Back at it

I didn't realize how long it's been since I last blogged regularly here. Or anywhere, really, so don't think I've been cheating on you with another blog. As best I can tell, it was in July. I then gave myself permission to take August off so I could focus on my writing, and never bothered starting back up because I became busy with freelancing clients. 

Truthfully, I'm glad there wasn't much to blog about during the last few months. While life was busy, it was preferable to the last few months of 2011 which involved far too many trips to emergency rooms. Instead, Joe traveled a lot for work until early December and I've had almost non-stop editing contracts. But other than a nagging cough (he keeps coming home with what we're calling "airplane crud"), some migraines, and a weird allergic reaction that I've been dealing with now for almost two months, we've both been mostly healthy.

The holidays flew by. I made several gifts, mostly for my niece and nephew, but didn't take on as much as I tried to do last year. Everything else came courtesy of the modern day Santa team of Amazon and UPS. We bought a beautiful new artificial tree, which caused a panic attack because it was so much bigger than the old tree. We went to a holiday party hosted by one of the ladies in Joe's running group the night after the Newtown shootings and one of the guys there had a lot of ideas to share about "crazy" people that really made me feel festive. But overall, Christmas was nice.

Tonya and Rusty continue to be Tonya and Rusty. I may see if they want to give their own update Thursday. It's not First Fursday but neither of them has developed any calendar skills so I doubt they'll notice. 

Not every post is going to be a winner, folks. I'm easing my way back into things. Like I said for 6WS this past weekend, a slow start is better than no start. Bit by bit, I hope to get things back on track and make 2013 a year full of the things I love to do.

4 comments:

betty said...

I remember the nightmare of last year, Cate, towards the end of it, so I'm glad 2012 ended a bit more "boring" and less exciting; sounded enjoyable too!

betty

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We all go through disappearing acts on our blogs. It's allowed. :) Here's wishing you the happiest, healthiest and most prosperous of New Years!

Anonymous said...

teletoon dating guy http://loveepicentre.com/ dating afghan women

Anonymous said...

[url=http://loveepicentre.com/map.php][img]http://loveepicentre.com/uploades/photos/2.jpg[/img][/url]
who is eddie izzard dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/faq.php]dating wopmen with long hair[/url] dominican dating website
lesbian india dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/articles.php]gibson banjo serial numbers dating[/url] x adult dating
online dating promotion [url=http://loveepicentre.com/success_stories.php]girls guide to dating[/url] portal to phoenix dating alert