STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Six Word Saturday


same as last week - only different

As in whatever you did to wish us smooth travels last week? Don't do that this week for our return journey, exactly. I mean, we arrived safely, eventually. But Joe was stuck overnight somewhere that was not our destination city. And I made it to our destination city, but due to a delay, I made it in very late and then had to deal with customs and the airport and a taxi to the hotel by myself in Canadia. Good thing Canadians are so friendly, eh? So, you can redo the part that got us to our destinations safely, but try something different for getting us home on-time and frustration-free, please!


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



20 comments:

restlessjo said...

Yes, I have weeks like that too, Cate.

Jim said...

Poor Baby!!! Really, it is one of the worst things in missing your plane. We've had long waits for planes, etc, also. Glad you could get to where you were supposed to be.
..

cessie said...

Travelling can be pretty exhausting yes. You got to meet some friendly Canadians though and exactly that part is what I love about travelling... those little surprises! Have a good landing back home and a lovely weekend!

Lovable Derek said...

I don't know what to say for the best.... Hope all goes well....
Here in Thailand people often describe things as “Same, same, but different”. At first it sounds bizarre, but after living here for a while it seems perfectly sensible.

Thanks for a fun meme.
Have a good weekend.

Dana said...

My very first flight was like that. What a nightmare! I hope everything goes well. ☺

Hilary said...

Oh no... I am so sorry,,,,

soulbrush said...

What bad luck all round. That's why I prefer staying home these days.

Amanda said...

Oh boy! Not sure if that's good or bad.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a really wonderful week!

21 Wits said...

Oh I like that wording- maybe because I see my life flinging down that same road.... hmm, will that or is that a good thing, that has been my question too. Although, not in my six words this week! Happy days ahead for you Cate, and heck, all of us!

Elaine - I used to be indecisive said...

Your six words made me smile! I know just what you mean. :)

Brenda Youngerman said...

sometimes the deck is just stacked against you.... hope you are actually have a good time now that you are both in the same place at the same time!

Kathe W. said...

travel can be frustrating, but as long as you eventually get home safely that's what counts!

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

Oh my gosh! Sounds like quite a headache. I do hope that you arrive home safely and without any extra frustrations!

vivinfrance said...

Travelling can be nightmare or dream come true - having experienced both kinds. I wish you both a trouble-free return home.

Unknown said...

I don't go anywhere anymore that requires traveling a distance. For me, flying isn't fun. When the pilot says "We're going through some thunderstorms, and will be climbing to xxx feet above the clouds" it really means "fasten your safety belt, we're getting ready to scare you to death". :(
Dianne

Jess said...

Ooops!!!Hope your return journey is so much smoother Cate!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all your travel troubles. For years, I flew back and forth to Canada, which is where my family lives. Traveling my airplane always gave me a story to tell! Most of them were not fun. :-( I prefer now to drive. Normally, these trips are pretty hassle free. :-)

Visits With Mary said...

Hello, my first time to participate! Great fun, thanks for hosting!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'll just send you good wishes. xx