STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Resolution

Saturday's six words (Finally, a resolution! I'm so excited!) came with a promise to share a few more details.

My husband has been interviewing for a new job for what feels like forever. Especially to him. And after almost an entire month of negotiating, he finally accepted a new position! He gave his notice last Monday and starts a week from today.

The new job will mean quite a bit of travel for him. We don't know exactly how much but depending on projects, it could be up to 90%. I'd rather he not travel that much but here's the good part - we don't have to relocate from our undisclosed location. Some positions he interviewed for would've required moving to a new city and THEN he'd have to travel all the time. No thanks! You want to send my man all over, that's one thing. But at least leave me where I know my way around!

So really the news only kinda qualifies as news. For me, it's not much of a change. But I don't do well when life is in such a state of flux. Remember Destination Resignation for me? Joe said - don't get another job because we may be moving soon if I find something out of the area. That was in November of 2010, 18 months ago. Yeah, this has been a long time coming. It was a long time of not being able to commit to things too far in the future, which really screwed with my anxiety.

My blogging has really fallen off lately, mostly because the closer we got to a decision, the more I couldn't concentrate on much of anything. But it's all decided now. New job for Joe. A bit of a new start for me. A time of being able to make commitments and get involved in things without worrying we'll be moving at a moment's notice. And hopefully great things (and more blog posts) to come!

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged or distracted or listened or searched or commiserated during this time - I'm currently breathing a huge sigh of relief and feeling a bit of peace.

Ahh, resolution...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that the long journey is finally coming to an end. Here's to what is next! Let it be amazingly awesome!

Tami said...

Augh!! I've lived in that limbo state for a huge part of my adult life, and it's awful. I'm so glad for you that you can be certain of your home spot and build from there.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

betty said...

I was kind of thinking something on the job front was up with Joe; congrats on his new position! I'm with you about travel; if he has to travel, at least let you be comfortable with where you are living! It does sound like an exciting new adventure in your lives! Best of wishes with it!!!!

betty

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Pleased for you, Cate. :)

C. Beth said...

I'm just so glad about this positive change...for BOTH of you!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Ahhh ... it sounds like the best of all worlds to me. Congratulations to your husband and I am happy that his choice was one that left you in tact. I can imagine your angst being in flux all of that time. Now it is time to enjoy your happy ending (except for all of the travel, maybe). New Beginnings ...:)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Sam said...

Sounds like great news! Congrats :-)

TMC said...

I'm SO GLAD things are finally resolved for y'all. I know what a tough time it's been for you, not knowing. So now you know!

Toriz said...

Congrats on reaching a resolution, and on Jo having his new position. Glad you're free to commit and wont be moving; moving's a lot of hastle! Good luck with everything!