STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Six Word Saturday


THIS will be my quiet weekend

I write up my 6WS posts ahead of time so you don't all mutiny if I decide to sleep in on Saturday morning. This past week, I jokingly wrote (on Thursday) about wanting a quiet weekend and packing my xanax for the family trip. In case you missed it, here's how the weekend turned out. Yikes. I'll admit that as I prepare this post on Friday morning, I'm a little afraid that I may be jinxing my weekend with the words above. Let's hope that's not the case.



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




23 comments:

restlessjo said...

I need a lie down in a darkened room after just reading about how your last weekend went. Hope all's well with you and Joe again now. Enjoy your rest.

Elaine said...

My fingers are crossed for you. :)

Jim said...

Well, Cate, it will, it has to be more quiet that your wanna be quiet one last week.

I hope Joe stitches are getting along good too.

And did you get bit or only scared by the spiders? I hope one didn't bite you. Our neighbor lost an arm because of a spider bite.
..

soulbrush said...

I always enjoy quiet times. Hope Joe is fine now.

Amanda said...

After last weekend I hope THIS IS a quiet weekend.

betty said...

I do hope it is a quiet weekend, Cate. After last week's fiasco, you definitely need some peace and quiet :)

enjoy!

betty

Marion said...

*cheers* to a quiet weekend, Cate!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a nice quiet weekend, you deserve it!

Unknown said...

Hope you haven't jinxed it - have a great weekend

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

thank you for hosting -- I've been following for a while, this is my first post to 6-word. (

Rachel Selby said...

Thanks for hosting this linky - it's a fun one. I hope your weekend was indeed the quiet one you wanted.

Toriz said...

Hope your weekend plan worked out!

Also...

Running a giveaway on my blog!

Kathe W. said...

recharge your batteries! Have a good weekend!

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

Sending out the well wishes fairies to help you succeed at your weekend. Thanks for hosting & relax!!!

tonyamaries said...

I hope that you all have a quiet weekend.

Anonymous said...

First time doing this: I'll be back for sure :)

soulbrush said...

Could you possibly change/correct my link that I left on here- it is the wrong one...http://www.soulbrush.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Hope your week-end was blissfully peaceful. Everyone needs chill time now and then.

C. Beth said...

I love quiet weekends. :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Claudia said...

Cate,
I hope your quiet weekend has become a reality. :)
Claudia

Grand Pooba said...

Quiet weekends are the best weekends! Unfortunately they are very rare.

PS. Come visit me and enter my giveaway. Just do it. Now. K thanks so much.

JosephAlsarraf said...

Great, I hope all your weekends are quiet.

P.S. Sorry I didn't have time to do a 6WS post this week, didn't have time, I was at the art car parade! : )