STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Six Word Saturday


visiting family scares Easter bunny away

Brother-in-law, his wife and two kids are visiting. Among other gems today, 12-yo nephew did not want to wait to find a bathroom so they stood around him to block the view while he peed in the street. This in a busy pedestrian mall downtown in my major (undisclosed) city location. I mean, really? Who DOES that?



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




25 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Poor, poor Easter bunny! :)

restlessjo said...

Did he leave the chocolate behind? That's the main thing!

Alyson said...

Oh dear! poor you! :(
I'm with Jo - hide the chocolate away til they've gone LOL x

Unknown said...

I don't blame Easter bunny for being scared. Lol
Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

The reality 'you can choose your friends but not your family' comes to mind. 2 years old might be acceptable but probably still not in a main thoroughfare, but 12??????

Poor you - hope you find a way to still enjoy your Easter

Beth in NC said...

Ha, sounds like my day that I have ahead of me. Joy Joy!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Sounds like something some of my relatives would do!

Susan@ Reading World said...

At least it was a nephew and not a niece! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jim said...

Well, Kate, look at it this way. Every coin has two sides, so do families it seems.

Happy Easter! And just for you,

♪♪Happy (late) Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy (late) Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy (late) Birthday Dear Cate,♪♪
♪♪Happy thirty-four to you.♪♪

Sorry it wasn't on THE DAY!
..


..

Rachel said...

We're too far away for that to happen this year! Enjoy your weekend!

Linda said...

Our 4 yr. old grandson lives out on 5 acres...and he sometimes will pee on a tree ...Ha! But a 12 yr. old in the city? Not cool!!! (:>)

Happy Easter Cate!

Linda @ Truthful tidbits

Unknown said...

I am often amazed at peoples' poor choices and what they teach a child...

Toriz said...

OMG! Seriously? I don't envy you!

Kathe W. said...

a 12 year old? Um- that's actually indecent exposure and this family could have ended up talking with the police if not worse.
Talk about poor judgement.

Kathe W. said...

whoops- I forgot to wish you a Happy Easter!!!! Hide those eggs! Bite those chocolate ears!

betty said...

I can see if the child was young, like 3 or 4 years old, but 12? But then of course they do the same thing for football players during games (I guess they can't leave the field).

I hope the visit goes well though! Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter!

betty

Anonymous said...

That sweet bunny, I do hope it will come back!
Could you please delete my second link? The one to Hotel New York is the right one. Thank you! And have a lovely Easter weekend :)

C. Beth said...

Maybe the bunny will follow behind and mark it as HIS territory now??

soulbrush said...

ROFLMAO, hope he comes back in time.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

All my little ones have grown, so Easter Bunny doesn't come here anymore ... But Grandma still buys the yummy chocolate candy. Can't pass up a good excuse like Easter.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Unknown said...

12?!?!? Because your bathroom wasn't good enough?!?!?! Wow....awkward much?

Happy Easter!!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I agree with everyone else that 12 is too old for that!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Umm... that's a little crazy... there's gotta be a bathroom somewhere, it's a mall! Not that I don't understand I've been there but, I think he could have waited. I hope the Easter bunny comes back!

Happy Easter! : )

Bruno Laliberté said...

How clever of me:
I managed to post my link elsewhere on your blog...
Swell!!
;)~
As for your situation, some folks are comfortable with doing that. I would not!! I'm always bothered when I see guys leaning against a building to leave a yellow trail running down the sidewalk...
But can you do???
When you gotta go, you gotta go!!
:)~
HUGZ

TMC said...

Bunnies don't take no jive.