STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Six Word Saturday


weather needs to choose a season!

Anyone else experiencing really strange weather? Freezing earlier in the week and almost summer-like this weekend. I can't keep up with it!


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



26 comments:

tonyamaries said...

Our weather is about normal here in the PNW. Wet. Not much snow but a few freezing nights. As I get older I think seasons are over rated... I want to live somewhere warm. I could be forced to live in Hawaii year round. :)

restlessjo said...

Sorry, no time to comment- I'm off to live in Hawaii with Tonya!

Alyson said...

sunny here! (of course!!)

cessie said...

Oh yes... I totally agree! It's been quite warm for the season lately here but the forecasts say we'll head into winter in the coming week. And in the beginning of December we did have snow as well. So it's a bit unusual. Today we are having a clear blue sky though so I'm not complaining :)

retired not tired said...

I think we call it a January thaw! The rain is washing away the snow.

Amanda said...

I agree with you entirely. It's above freezing in January and most of our snow is gone again. The snow that fell just before Christmas. So confusing. :S

Renee said...

It's been flip flops & t-shirts here in NC! I vacillate between joy and concern :)

p.s. I'm linked up twice...the first time I (automatically) inadvertently linked to last week's post. So sorry!

Jess said...

Weather here is chilly bo! It's not very changeable just flippin freezing!Def wrap up warm weather!

Michelle said...

It's a frosty 21 degrees here, and I'm really digging it. Of course, I don't have to go anywhere or do anything this morning other than sip my coffee and read a book. I might feel differently if I had to go out in it. Brr!

Unknown said...

just cold here!

betty said...

Colder than normal here; waiting for warmer weather!

have a good weekend Cate!

betty

Mlissabeth said...

My 6ws is very similar.

21 Wits said...

I totally agree- and I rather enjoyed (only slightly) the rain we had the last two days, except of course for the fact that it wasn't washing winter away and winter fought back with freezing cold winds to make everything icy! Brrrrrrrrrrr and Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

My family in Canada had their power go out yesterday, due to a blizzard on the island. So much snow got dumped in some areas that people were literally digging out of their houses. I started reading the news reports and guess what? After the weekend, it's supposed to rain, rain, rain. Sheesh.

Susie Clevenger said...

Weather is crazy here in Texas...we sweat and then chill.

Kathe W. said...

and we just keep getting that cool white stuff mixed with cold but gorgeous sunny days. Love winters here!

soulbrush said...

Ha ha here it's chosen freezing winter. Hope everyone is cosy and safe. Thanks for hosting this weekly Cate.

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Yes! The weather here in central Ohio is about the same and cannot seem to make up its mind which season we are in. Yesterday the last of a foot or more of snow melted off completely and today it is 70 degrees! Yet next week we are forecast to be bak in the 30s!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Couldn't agree more.

Xiomara Maldonado said...

The weather is driving me nuts too! It's so frustrating!

Cheri said...

Unfortunately, ours chose winter today; I prefer warmer.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I relate to the season comment! At the moment, I have a jacket on, the heater is on low + outside the clouds are grey! And I am in Australia that a few days ago was ravaged by summer fires! (But New South Wales is still battling! I live in Victoria!)

Suzy said...

Here in Wellington, NZ we can get all 4 seasons in a day! I had a quiet chuckle reading your words as I often say that to the weather.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Here in Australia we are just having one kind of weather — extreme heat.

Linda said...

You are so right Cate! This back and forth weather drives me crazy! it has been in the high 50's lately, and now it is back to the teens!

Nobody ever knows which wardrobe to have in the closet!

Weather is changing everywhere...and I guess we will have to get used to it!

Joining in SWS on Sunday this week. Sorry I was late!

Love, Linda

Maude Lynn said...

Same here!