STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Six Word Saturday


three hour drive by myself - BORING!



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).





18 comments:

restlessjo said...

I hope you sang?

Jim said...

I'd play some nice music or listen to a book on CD. You could sing???
..

Fi @ Inspiration to Dream said...

When I visit my parents it's a 3 and a half hour drive and I actually love the quiet time to myself. My life seems to be chaotic a lot of the time so several hours on my own is bliss.

retired not tired said...

MJy parents are 4 1/2 hours away however I never drive alone so it makes a big difference. I can trade off and sleep a little.

Unknown said...

lots of people listen to books on tape.... me... that makes me lose focus on the road .... music... baby!!!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I love to be out on the road by myself. If it's a really long trip I take audio books, makes the time pass really fast!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boring yes, but peaceful ... oh those peaceful moments. Enjoy ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Linda said...

Oh Cate...I hope something fun will come of your trip! Happy Saturday! Drive carefully!

Love, Linda

Elaine - I used to be indecisive said...

Think of the singing out loud that you could do! I find it's a good way to pass the journey, and keeps me awake when I drive 6 hours or more to visit my family. I put a rousing CD on, and join in. :)
Sometimes I have audio books and they are good passers of time too.

21 Wits said...

I hope you have good tunes, or a great wildly funny or spooky book on tape to help your boring driving all by yourself journey! Enjoy where ever this path takes you- Karen

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, I hope you sang... :)

C. Beth said...

Oh yeah, I've done that, and much longer. I agree with Jim, audiobooks rock for solo trips.

TMC said...

Not with Robert Smith and the boys to keep you company!

Cheri said...

Yeah, it can be boring, but sometimes a little alone time can be restorative, even if it is behind the wheel. Wherever you're headed, I hope it was worth it.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I avoid long drives whenever possible!

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Overnight Essay said...

great as always. I still wonders, where do you get al these fantastic stuff?? what's your secret??

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.