STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Six Word Saturday


shush, birdies, I'm trying to sleep!
And by "birdies" I don't mean joyful little songbirds. I mean crows. CAW CAW!!! CAW CAW!!!


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).





20 comments:

Anonymous said...

First again!

Hope you are feeling better this week, Cate.

soulbrush said...

Wow I must be up early today- I'm second. Happy weekend to all.

retired not tired said...

I love playing along. I think all week for the 6 words I want to use.

Alyson said...

oh poor you! Dave has had a very noisy cockerel keeping him awake at night - I didn't know they started cock-a-doodle-doing at 3am!!!

Actingbalanced said...

Hope they listen!

Anonymous said...

Hoping you are happy and rested!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

They are having a conversaion amongst themselves, totally unaware that they are keeping you awake. Guess everything about nature isn't beautiful :) Glad you are resting ... hope this has been a better week for you.

Andrea @ From The Sol

restlessjo said...

Sorry Cate- all at sea this week! I may have put an entry in last week's by mistake?

betty said...

They can be so annoying! But at least with us going into fall and it being dark later in the morning, at least they are not cawing at 5:30 a.m. (like they've been known to do here during summer months)

I hope the weekend is a restful one, Cate, and not full of too much trauma!

betty

Kathy said...

It's been a while, so decided to join your fun meme today.

I "feel your pain" with the bird noise--we have six chickens, and they begin cackling at the crack of dawn! At least they produce eggs though!
Have a great weekend.

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Saturday Cate!! Hello everyone!

tonyamaries said...

I feel your pain. The crows land on my metal gutters and it makes an awful sound like fingers on a chalk board, plus all the cawing they do! A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G.

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

you would hate it at our house I have a cockatail that loves to let us know when it is morning he squaks more now that his mate died I think he talked her to death LOL hope you get some rest ;]
I changed my blog name I am no longer Footsteps Janice I am Rockin My Journey... new name same Janice

Anonymous said...

What are those birdies doing? Don't they know this is the best time of year to sleep in?

Patricia said...

Don't know why I am linked twice and one to wrong post-- sorry--edit please.

Cheri said...

They do make a lot of noise, don't they? Sometimes it sounds like some kind of riot going on in my yard when they're around!

Linda said...

I love to listen to the birdies singing! (But mostly when I am not trying to sleep!) Maybe you can catch a nap this afternoon Cate. (:>)

Happy SWS!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Unknown said...

the crows are without a doubt the most annoying birds know to mankind!

Kathe W. said...

oh those #$@! crows- harbingers of fall and so noisy!

Austine Etcheverry said...

I love this post. Sorry about this words, hope they let you sleep soon.