STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Living With Me

Here's an exchange this morning between me and my amazingly patient husband, Joe.
me: can you pick-up the tix on the way home pls?
Joe: y
me: thanks!
(a long pause while Joe is busy doing his actual work)
Joe: yw
me: Also, I totally just made fire and didn't burn the house down!
(pause)
me: yw!
(another pause)
Joe: I really don't want to know.
In a related story, if you're wondering if your tweets are going through or if people are just ignoring you, you can tweet something like "is this thing on?" but that's rather dull. Instead, try tweeting "woohoo, nobody told me sewing involved fire!" because you're sure to get immediate responses to that.

Unless people are ignoring you.

P.S. I was just melting the ends of satin ribbon over a flame so they won't fray.
P.P.S No cats were harmed in the making of this post OR the fire.

8 comments:

JosephAlsarraf said...

Your husband is probably thinking, What!? What do you mean you haven't burned the house down! Speaking of twitter I tried to get people's attention by saying stupid things but, no ever answers so, I guess there all ignoring me. : )

Diane said...

ARe you crafting??? Sounds like dangerous fun.... the best kind!!! :O)

Sassy Britches said...

OMG. YES, you did. That's SO ridiculously hysterical.

betty said...

LOL about the tweets. I'm actually doing this experiment on my hubby with my FB wall. I'm putting on really evasive comments about things, trying to figure out if he's going to say anything about them or not, like ask about them, etc. Not relevant to anything we are talking about, but just curious how much time he spends checking out my FB page.

betty

John said...

I'm all proud of myself for not burning down the house for using a hot glue gun the other day.

I did burn my fingertips, but the damage was related to me, only, and that worked just find for me.

C. Beth said...

Fire is fun. :)

Toriz said...

Oops... Hope it wasn't a big fire. I accidentally melted part of the outer casing of the wire for my radio one time. I had a scented candle on the windowsill, which "somehow" managed to set light to the paper towels that were a couple of feet away from it on the same windowsill, which spread the fire across the windowsill to where my radio was, melting part of the wire. It still works though... It's on right now. I just put some electrical tape over that bit of the wire.

Lifeofkaylen said...

I love his answer: "I really don't want to know."
hilarious.

I had no idea sewing involved fire. I haven't done it for a long time, I guess sewing has changed over the years...