STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Cat scurvy is contagious

Now the other cat, Tonya, has scurvy as well.

Rusty finished his 7 days of antibiotics and ear drops without causing too much damage to me and Joe but then he developed a constant sneeze and a fever. An emergency trip to the vet after work, several shots, and another $250 later, he's back on another 10 days of antibiotic pills.

While this sounds like a bad thing, that's not the worst of it. Unfortunately Tonya, our uncooperative fluffy diva cat, also started sneezing Friday night. By Monday, she was a complete snot monster, not breathing well, not eating. So another $120 later and now we have both cats on pills. At this point, I also have to believe we've paid the vet's rent for the month.

Tonya, by the way, has a reputation. Any time I call to make an appointment, I can hear the lady hold her breath while she waits for an answer to "which kitty is it?" and she prays silently that it's Rusty. Once, when Tonya was sick and they had to keep her for testing, I noticed a "DANGER: bites!" sticker on her cage. Awesome, my cat is bad-ass.

So that's the latest. This isn't actually supposed to be a cat blog. I'm not a crazy cat lady. I mean, I may be crazy. And I do have cats. But it's not like that.

Or maybe it is.

Look for something non-feline coming soon!

No comments: