STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Baby Parts

Saturday evening, my sister and BIL took advantage of all the free babysitters to go run a quick errand sans children. No sooner had they left than Caley needed a diaper change. And of course she picked that occasion for her belly button to fall off. Or the umbilical cord. Whatever.

No big deal and once she was all changed and happy, my mother offered her up for holding again. Since my SIL and I had both held her a bit, we offered once again to my brother Rob. Rob has not held the baby and nobody has pushed him but still, we offer in case he changes his mind.

His response?

"This is totally the wrong time to ask - parts are falling off!"

Haha, I love my brother.

P.S. We're home safe and sound now. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

Glad you are home safe and it sounds like it all went well. Good for you. Love your brother's comment.

C. Beth said...

Ha ha! That is totally funny.

And I love "her belly button fell off." Hilarious.

Nessa said...

That's funny. Every man's fear with babies.

Dismal

Linda said...

OH MY...her belly button fell off? ((smile)) So funny what your brother said too. Humor must run in your family!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

mo.stoneskin said...

Rob doesn't like umbilical bits? The wimp.

Autumn said...

Lol too cute!!!

betty said...

that is too cute!! I'm glad you got to love on that little baby niece of yours and that you are home safe and sound

betty

Bridgette said...

Oh my! Now that's funny!!!

Sassy Britches said...

I wonder how long he can use that excuse! Glad you made it back safely!