STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Six Word Saturday


family reunion - so much awkward togetherness



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love family reunions because I get to see family I haven't seen since I was a child, or some I've never met. Usually, great food. Then sometimes, I get bored and once meeting the family I haven't seen for years, I run out of things to say. I end up feeling like a child again, letting the 'grown ups' talk. Hope you have fun!

Johanna Bradley said...

They can have their tricky moments :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

A family reunion can depend on the mix of personalities and the time since the last meeting. An interesting scenario at times.

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Oh yes, I know those awkward togetherness moments well! I have enjoyed the few family reunions our family has had, but yes, there were some moments of togetherness I could have done without.

Kathe W. said...

I've learned to just not be near some of the more toxic in-laws. Or if I am close by I just smile nicely and keep my mouth shut and I never sit at the same table if at all possible.

Rebecca Jo said...

Yep - that's what family reunions are all about :)

tonyamaries said...

so much = too much! I skipped mine this year. ;)

The Single Chick said...

I love getting together with my family, but I'm realizing that the older I get, the shorter I keep my visits. More and more children and an ever-expanding family means that dynamics change and I am a creature of habit. I love them though....

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, but I also miss them. Neither side of the family has held a reunion for years.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh yes, family reunions can be like that! As a child, I used to love them. Later, happening around funerals, they were awkward.

Alas, my family members are dead or frail or scattered. The occasional meetings are between individuals now, not the whole group.