STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Goodbye, first 50% of 2009!

July 1st. Amazing. Happy Canada Day to my Northern neighbors. And my neighbor across the street. Who likes to complain all the time about what's wrong with the US. I say what's wrong is that he's here and he can GO HOME if he doesn't like it but apparently our women are good enough for him to marry so whatEVER.

Anyways.

The first of the month is when I usually create a Wordle of the past month's posts. Except, I think it's a lying liar because it says Kindle is one of the largest words. Really? I posted about it once and mentioned it about once more.

Instead, I give you a Wordle of my search terms from Google Analytics.



Lots of day, headache, father, week, letter, bugs, booty and sang. Awesome. Nothing too exciting though. Every month I start a crusade to confuse the hell out of Google and every month I give it up by about the 5th.

Speaking of giving things up... I had goals in January. Not only have I made little progress but I've dug myself into a deeper darker hole. Instead of losing weight, I've gained it. Instead of shaking my anxiety I've realized recently that I'm in one hell of a depression. My six words last week (Thanks Captain Obvious, already knew that) were actually referring to my doctor who gave me quite the lecture about the sorry state of my health.

So I need to quit with the giving (the positive) things up. I need to FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. Plan and execute. Organize and do. And that's what I intend to do for the next six months. Or else I'll punch me in the face. Also, I'll expect YOU to punch me in the face.

17 comments:

C. Beth said...

It sounds like things are rough right now on multiple fronts. It also sounds like you're determined to do something about it. Go, Cate!

Reviewer11 said...

What if you ask your neighbors next time they complain to write an opinion column. :P No I'm kidding! LOL!

From a SITSta. :)

blognut said...

I will punch you in the face, but only if you sign this waiver first.

Also? It'll totally hurt me more than it hurts you. :)

Gail said...

Many expats go through phases (sort of like the stages of grief ). First they love everything about the new country they are in (so much better than where they came from), then the stage your neighbour is in, and finally they settle in. Either that or he is just a complainer! If he doesn't snap out of it within the next couple of months I'll have to go over and punch him in the face.

-From a Fellow Canadian.

TMC said...

I like very much that BOOTY is a big word while migraine is a little one.

Andi said...

I love Wordle!

Hang in there, as a fellow migraine sufferer, I know that is sucks!

mo.stoneskin said...

Booty huh?

I must have missed those posts.

Unknown said...

who the hell is gladys?

it's in the top corner of your wordle.

anyWAY...

i'm not happy you're feeling down. take my hand, dude...it sucks down there.

andy

p.s. love you. you are totally effing awesome.

slacker-chick said...

I'm right there with you Cate (at least virtually) regarding not following my goals and depression and beating myself up over it all. But we are where we are and there's no place to go but up...right? Hang in there.

Toriz said...

I can't do that for you, sorry. If I did then I'd have to punch myself in the face too, and I end up with enough cuts and bruises from mis-judging distances, thanks. ;)

ch said...

It must be in the air. I'm feeling a little irritable today. Wouldn't mind punching something, but not your face:(

Hang in there. And I will too.:)

The Wife O Riley said...

I am in the same boat with not keeping my resolutions. I better get crackin'!

Margaret said...

Me? No way! I can offer you some punch, that's about it. I probably can't outrun you, anyway.
Sounds like you may not be feeling so well...hoping your next six months are healthier, happier, and peaceful.

SparkleFarkel said...

I'm chronically on my case. Presently, I'm trying to "learn" myself that, sometimes, the best thing to do is nothing at all. Ya gotta know your medicine and when to take it. Here. ***holds out handful of M&Ms*** Be my guest. I take these like they're candy. They represent what how I should be to myself: sweet. Edible "triggers" can go a long way. Kind wishes in your direction!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I think the problem is that every year we plan on having the same amount of time (as the last year) to get things done, but then each year seems to go by faster than the previous one. It's a trick, I tell ya.

Hope you can make some progress and feel a bit better.

Trish said...

Cool, I 've got to go see what I blog about !!!

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

We totally kicked the complainer out of Canada, because we so don't roll that way ;) Keep him, or send him on to Mexico.

Ok, Wordle. Never seen it before, and instantly I am HOOKED!!!!!!!!! I will be rethinking my use of some words after this. Love it though! Completely going to steal your idea and use it on my blog!

I can't punch you in the face. Sorry, really couldn't do it. Canadian, remember? But yeah, get a handle on the health thing. (Kettle? Pot here. You're black)

Have a truly fabulous evening!