STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Six Word Saturday


need a rest from my vacation

Having a great few days away but it certainly isn't a vacation in the "relaxing" sense of the word. A nice break from routine but I could use a nap.

UPDATE: Told you I needed a rest. Forgot to give you a new linky box. It should be taken care of now and I did my best to move everyone from the old linky box to the new one. Hope I got everyone because now I'm heading out for another long day of not relaxing but seeing people I'm looking forward to seeing. People are just draining on an introvert no matter how awesome they are to be around.



Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



26 comments:

restlessjo said...

I'm sure everybody will be shouting this at you as the day goes by, but you haven't emptied your participants box this week? Enjoy the rest of your hol.

Anonymous said...

Glad you cleared that up, RJ - I just thought everyone was on the ball this week!

cessie said...

Happy holiday!! Hope you'll get some rest this weekend then!

vivinfrance said...

I added this week's link to the long line of last week's!

They say that a change is as good as a rest, but change can be tiring, so you take those naps!

Elaine - I used to be indecisive said...

I always feel after a holiday that I could do with a holiday to recover. :)

Jim said...

Hi Cate ~~ Please don't sleep too long, we need you this morning.

Jim's Six Words for the 16th
..

retired not tired said...

I love vacations and know how you feel. I have often said I need a vacation from my vacation.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

At first I thought I had come to the wrong place, with all those people in line ahead of me!

Jess said...

Hee I must admit I did get a shock when I saw how many people were already on the list :-) thanks Jo for clearing that confusion up for me :-)
And Cate I 'always' need a rest after going on a hols!Still love hols though,hope you had a good one x

Hilary said...

I just got back from vacation last weekend - I so understand

Amanda said...

That's usually the case isn't it?!

Linda said...

That is certainly true! I always need time to recuperate after a vacation! :)

Have a good weekend!

Linda

Anonymous said...

I just need a vacation!

Dana said...

I hope you get the rest you need!

Happy weekend. ☺

Kathe W. said...

Relax and enjoy!!

Lovable Derek said...

Thanks for fixing the linky thing.
Thanks for a great meme.
Take it easy dude.

Lovable Derek said...

Or should I have said dudette?
I'm not sure. I'm confused.
Have a nice day.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

A change of routine is always hard on the psyche, but, like exercise for your body, it is good for you. Enjoy and relax when you can:)

Andrea @ From The Sol

ayjay said...

Just my second week participating. :)

Hope you get some rest!

21 Wits said...

I wish I could be saying I'm back from a vacation!!!! Lucky you, but I do know the feeling.....keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

I love vacations, but I also tend to fill them up. My husband says I don't know how to be lazy. :-)

As for people being draining on introverts, I hear you. Yesterday while eating out with my mother-in-law, I told her that I had enjoyed my week of socials but I also felt wiped. It's a tentative balance. If no one ever asked me out, I'd feel awful. Yet I also need hours and hours of alone time.

Anonymous said...

As much as I love vacations -- I am generally more tired upon return -- but it is worth it!!

Anonymous said...

As much as I love vacations -- I am generally more tired upon return -- but it is worth it!!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

For that reason I kinda dread going back to my old home town. So many people to catch up with on a short visit!

Kate said...

I know the feeling...

Misky said...

My six words are posted!